Pitch Pirate Deluxe. Delay with only one repetition

Pitch Pirate Deluxe. Delay with only one repetition

nonost
Hi! I've already built a Pitch Pirate Deluxe following the layout by adapt posted here:

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Pitch-Pirate-Deluxe-Vero-Verified-td7531.html

First of all: there are 43 cuts, delay-3 should be delay-1 and NSL32 works great. I'm getting not ticking at all, at least running with batteries. Haven't tried it with power supply yet.

The pedal sounds incredible, I would recommend it to everyone. Everything is working fantastic except the Delay. I only get one repetition no matter what setting I use. The Delay pot works fine, since it goes from short time to long time, but it only repeats the sound once. Any suggestion? I've checked everything a few times and can't see the mistanke. If I'm not wrong the pt2399 is the one that develops the delay tasks, maybe one of its caps is bad...Do you have any idea about what could cause this issue?

Also I get a progressive volume drop as I turn clockwise the Blend pot, but I'd say it's normal.

Thanks guys.

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe. Delay with only one repetition

Addy Bart
Volume drop with the Blend set 50/50 is normal. If it bothers you, add a booster after the effect. The LPB-1 for example.

If you're only hearing one repeat, something is wrong sending that repeat back into the PT2399. Trace where the signal goes back into the chip (from memory, it's pins 14, 15, 16...). Check for solder bridges etc.

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe. Delay with only one repetition

nonost
It's part of a bigger build. I'm putting a Really Cheap Compressor before the Pitch Pirate, so I think I'll be able to deal with volume issues.

About the repeats...it was kinda wierd. If I messed around with some pots (delay time and/or feedback) it started to do the repeats ok but after a little more of tweaking it came back to the one repeat mode. I redid some wiring and clean some tracks and it seems to be solved.

I wanted to add that I socketed the cap that goes to the 13-14 pins of the PT2399, and it is true that as you increase the value you get less hiss/noise in the repeats, but also lost some volume and treble. I've tried it without any cap at all and I like it very much that way, even if it is noisier. It just sounds more lively.

Thanks for your help Addy!

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe. Delay with only one repetition

Addy Bart
Good you got it working!
I've also experimented with and without caps on the delay chip - and yeah, short delay times sound nice and bright without. I found it useful to add a tone control for the repeats like on the De Profundis.