Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

KT

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

KT
This post was updated on .
@Nebula, turn your 1n4001 around.

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

spacefuzz74
Ha!  I thought the stripe should point to ground?

I turned it around and now everything works great, but can you help clear up why happened here?

Sorry!  Sometimes I'm a little thick in the skull...

Thanks for the help!!
KT

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

KT

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

spacefuzz74
Perfect.

I don't think I've encountered this before...thanks for clearing that up!

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

andrea83
and how does it sound?
thanks
KT

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

KT
This post was updated on .
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=112920.80
here is a video of a modded one. It is not mine.

It like that you can get nice clean delay sounds from it but also super wacky sounds.

I modded mine with:
- an extra big delay time pot (try 500K-2Mb) at super long delay times it is unusable as a normal delay, but the noises it makes are amazing. Ow! And I've put the pot at the front side of the pedal and used a big knob so I can use my foot to play with it.. Awesome!

- a switch to put a resistor (10K I think), between pin 15 and  16 of the pt2399 to boost the input. The sound you get reminds me a bit of the ringing/crushing sounds of the Death by audio reverb.

- a green led like in the hamlet delay in order to tame the crazyness :)
KT

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

KT
sorry, that link is probably a demo off the modded EKKO delay, based on the V2 workshop delay I think.
This V3 is a more normal delay, but is capable of wacky self modulation like in the pladask romferd. So if you add a lfo you migth come close to the romferd.

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

andrea83
thank you very much for all these info!

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

spacefuzz74
andrea83 wrote
and how does it sound?
thanks
I love this thing so far...if you like a bit of lo-fi, noise & weirdness with your circuits (i do!) this is a definite build.

KT,  where did you add the green led (to tame the crazyness) on the layout?  on the hamlet it looks to be between pins 4 & 7?

also, can you confirm what value pots worked best for you?  is this correct?:

B50K feedback
B100K modulation
(500K-2Mb) time pot
A100K volume
B50K mix
KT

yes, the led from pin 7 to ground, there is room on the board next to that 100n cap in the bottom left.
With the pots I would test what you like. Volume and mix definitely stock values. Feedback probably as well (25K in the layout). And feedback can be finetuned with the trimmer. The modulation was 250K in the schematic so try that as well as the 100K from the V2 circuit.

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

spacefuzz74
Nice!  Thanks!

Anymore projects along these lines you can recommend?  I love this weird stuff.
KT

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

KT
Death by audio reverberation (or anything from death by audio)
Midfi electronics: everything I guess :) I have build Pitch pirate Deluxe, Peace Gun Fuzz, RNG, and will def build the Clarinot wtih mods
Special fuzz: Crowther audio Prunes and Custard.

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

tomeunknown
Hello everyone.. just finished building this up and its sounding great although I do have a couple of questions.

Firstly, I don't think my feedback is working entirely as it should. I can't get beyond a handful or so of repeats even with the feedback pot maxed. The trimmer doesn't seems to be doing anything and when I connect the 'instant feedback wires' to one another there's no instant feedback.

Secondly, the modulation pot seems to modulate much better when I place my finders on the lugs. I wonder whether this would correct itself once the circuited is boxed and fully grounded??

aside from the above it seems to be working as it should however feels like its subdued both in the feedback and modulation.

would appreciate any help..Cheers!
KT

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

KT
Did you add the link underneath the 10K trimmer?

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

tomeunknown
Yep.. just double checked.
12