Potentiometers

mireland
Hello,
Just started building. Great fun. Love the site. One question. I built an easy one to start. Fulltone Fat Boost V1 Rev2. How can I stop the Gain pot from cutting off the signal when it is turned fully counter clockwise?
Mike

Re: Potentiometers

Neil mcNasty
Welcome and get ready for the most addictive hobby you can find!

The simplest answer to your question would be: add a small resistor (try a 10K) between the Gain pots lug 1 of the gain pot and the board.
If it is too quiet, raise the value until you like the result.
Since lug 1 connects to ground, it will go quiet at the lowest setting (CCW), and by adding a small resistor there, you prevent it from connecting directly to ground and also prevent it from going totally silent.

Actually I never understood why they always do this... Why a gain setting where it goes dead quiet?
It does not make sense in my mind, so I always mod my builds to avoid that.

Cheers!

RE: Potentiometers

mireland

Neil,

Awesome thanks. 10k works great. You’re right…crazy addictive!

Cheers,

Mike

Welcome and get ready for the most addictive hobby you can find!

The simplest answer to your question would be: add a small resistor (try a 10K) between the Gain pots lug 1 of the gain pot and the board.
If it is too quiet, raise the value until you like the result.
Since lug 1 connects to ground, it will go quiet at the lowest setting (CCW), and by adding a small resistor there, you prevent it from connecting directly to ground and also prevent it from going totally silent.

Actually I never understood why they always do this... Why a gain setting where it goes dead quiet?
It does not make sense in my mind, so I always mod my builds to avoid that.

Cheers!

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Potentiometers-tp36825p36827.html

To unsubscribe from Potentiometers, click here.
NAML