Power supply question

bkguitar
Hi, I just made my first pedal and it works perfect with battery power.  I had bought a power supply so I wouldn't waste batteries and it's just made by outlaw effects from musicians friend.  When I plug it in it has a high pitch "hiss."  I was wondering what are my options.  I tried messing around with the filter cap, changing it from 10uF to 100uF and that helps but doesn't eliminate it.  Do I return the power supply and get a different one? Any recommendations?  Pedal is a keeley katana so just a jfet boost.  Thanks guys.

Re: Power supply question

bogey
Hi there,
It could be an unregulated power supply you've got.
You could try a "huminator" with it. it's only a few components and might work for you.
Try the search box, i'm sure there's one on here, if not there will be a link or some useful suggestions.

Re: Power supply question

bkguitar
Awesome.  I found a couple layouts for it on the forum.  I was just looking over the internet and also found this  http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/effects-projects/power-supplies/regulated-power-supply/  which may help and I can easily change to a tagboard instead.  But thanks a lot for the suggestion.  I'll give some of these a try.