Powering multiple effects in one enclosure

Powering multiple effects in one enclosure

jghfslk
I recently completed a multi build effect and have everything functioning as it should but am getting noise.  I'm planning to try a huminator in hopes that the noise will be reduced.  Right now I have the power for the effects all going straight to the power plug.  I'm concerned that using a huminator will cause a significant voltage drop.  All the effects together will draw quite a bit of current.

Would it work to use a 18V power source and adapt the huminator layout using 9V regulators?

I tested each effect individually before wiring them together in the enclosure and didn't notice any issues with noise.  The noise is reduced if I place a buffer before the effect.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Re: Powering multiple effects in one enclosure

induction
Can you tell us what the circuits are, and in what order? Schematics would be even better.

What kind of noise are you getting?

Re: Powering multiple effects in one enclosure

jghfslk
I built 4 1776 Multiplex Jr. circuits, 3 TH custom madbox circuits, and 1 aion echoplex preamp.

Multiplex Jr. http://1776effects.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Multiplex-Jr-BOM.pdf

The Madbox build document can be downloaded from this page  http://diy.thcustom.com/product-list/#

Aion Echoplex  https://aionelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/aion-ares-echoplex-preamp-documentation.pdf

The input goes to a switch that determines whether the Echoplex Preamp is at the beginning of the chain or the very end.  The delays wired to give a number of different series/parallel combinations (all in series, all in parallel, 1 and 2 in parallel 3 and 4 in parallel in series with each other, etc.)  I'm sure I'm not explaining this very well but I could maybe draw a diagram up later if that would help. I used 4pdt toggles to have the delays either go through the madbox splitters or bypass them and right into the next delay.

I don't have it hooked up at the moment but if I am remembering correctly the noise was a cackling type of sound.  I haven't measured the current draw for the total of all circuits combined together but my power supply is labeled at 500ma and I don't think it would exceed that.

Thanks!