Pramp from Hell (Randall preamp)

boratto

Re: Pramp from Hell (Randall preamp)

boratto
up..

guys i think this one deserves a special place among our other "pedamps" section here, like bogner, slo, diezel, etc...

Re: Pramp from Hell (Randall preamp)

Crusty_Fuzz
Agree!
Guru of pedal building, help us please with this awesome thing.

Re: Pramp from Hell (Randall preamp)

Silver Blues
This post was updated on .
Here you go. I hope it's ok, it's a little unwieldy but hopefully it works.

EDIT Apr 2022 - fixed issues with Q4 orientation, D3/D4 orientation, and "cuts/links only" not matching main board.
I stand watching the steam-liners roll by...

Oh just noticed that Q4 is rotated 180 deg opposite to what it should be in reality. Listed pinout is correct.

glasspak73
Can i use 5485 instead of 5484? Do you think this will have more distortion then the skreddy mayonaise mrk3? i have the SE4021 for the skreddy.

I honestly have no idea. It may or may not bias right, that would be the major concern.
I stand watching the steam-liners roll by...

Re: Pramp from Hell (Randall preamp)

mapexbob
Shouldn't D4 be backwards? I mean, D3 and D4 are in opposite position, or am I wrong?

Re: Pramp from Hell (Randall preamp)

Skajaquada
Hey man, was researching if someone had made a preamp layout for this, and found your post.  I really want to try and build this, but I notice that the "cuts only" image doesn't match with the populated image.  Has anyone verified this, or does anyone know of a verified layout?

Hello, yeah this is an old layout from when I was much less well-versed in making layouts - you're correct, and I've updated the version above accordingly, including fixing the issues with Q4 and D3/D4 orientation described in previous posts. Let me know if there are any other issues that need fixing!
I stand watching the steam-liners roll by...

Re: Pramp from Hell (Randall preamp)

Skajaquada
Awesome, thank you!  I can't wait to give this a try. With any luck, I'll be able to try it out soon, and I'll be sure to report back.