Preferred way to make double links?

traskVT
After thinking of a few different ways to do them, and my searches not bringing up any results, I figured I'd ask here:

What are your preferred ways of doing the double links?

I'm wondering what would be the most solid way, what's easiest to solder, etc etc. I'm trying out a few different ideas as we speak, seeing as this build is the first I've done with them, so your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

Re: Preferred way to make double links?

Surgeon
I use component's legs to do my links (chinese resistor legs are great, really thin) so usually there's no problem fitting 2 in one hole (huh huh). However, when these aren't long enough and I need to use some wire, I enlarge the hole slightly with one of the drill bits I use to drill pcbs (a bit larger than the vero holes).

Worked very well so far...

Re: Preferred way to make double links?

Clayford
the B string from a guitar seems to work well too. Preferably you'd use a broken/old one.

Re: Preferred way to make double links?

johnk
I use 26 gauge solid core silver plated copper wire for my double links, and for the links under a chip socket. they easily fit two in hole and they're thin enough to allow the sockets to lay flat.

Re: Preferred way to make double links?

negativefx
I drill a 1/16" hole which widens but doesn't cut the trace. Then I use preformed jumper wire like the link below.  Legs from both jumpers fit in the 1/16" hole.  They're really handy because they're color coded for length.  Silver for a single row jump, red is 2 rows, yellow is 3, orange is 4, etc.

Jumper Wire