Proco Rat Help!

oOwaikikiOo
Hey guys!

I'm desperately needing help to justify my circuit. I'm currently trying to incorporate these 2 schematics into one. However, after spending half a day working on the schematics, all I end up building was just a clean bypass with on/off switch. No distortion whatsoever, no control from the volume, nor filter, nor distortion. Very much depressed. I'm still quite new to this.. What mistakes have I made?

and of course, here's my picture of my board..

I'm getting weird readings from my multimeter anyway....

Re: Proco Rat Help!

induction
A couple of points:
- Those aren't schematics, they're layouts. (Just FYI)
- It's not clear what you mean by 'incorporate these two schematics into one.' It looks like you built IvIark's layout. It's not clear how the second layout is involved, if at all.

Now for the good part:
1. The 1n cap that should be connected to pin 3 of the op-amp is instead connected to pin 2.
2. The bottom-center 100k resistor should be connected to the 5th row from the bottom, but is instead connected to the 4th row from the bottom.

Fix these two errors, and let us know what happens.

Re: Proco Rat Help!

Silver Blues
Also, a tip for you: doing links the way you have (with flywires on the bottom of the board) is not the greatest idea. Take some lead offcuts from your components or short lengths of uninsulated solid-core wire and install them like components (from the top down) then solder them in, it's much sturdier, nicer looking and more durable.

Re: Proco Rat Help!

oOwaikikiOo
Thanks for the head up mate! But it's still not working after changing them. Any tips?

Re: Proco Rat Help!

oOwaikikiOo
Thanks for the tip! I'll keep that in mind. The circuit is still not working..

Re: Proco Rat Help!

oOwaikikiOo
How should i wire the 3PDT foot switch and the input & output jacks?

Re: Proco Rat Help!

Here are some tips if you can find any obvious errors in your build.  First, make sure you have a DVM so you can measure voltages through the circuit and check for continuity.

* Check for solder bridges.  Sometimes they can be very tiny and difficult to spot.
* Check for cold solder joints.  These can cause breaks in the signal.  To fix these, simply take your heated soldring iron and reflow the solder joints.
* Make an audio probe and use it to check to see where you lose your signal.  Here's a link.

Debugging Stomp Boxes - Audio Probe

* Check the "Offboard" section of this blog for tips on wiring the switch, LED, jacks, and 9V power.

Finally, if you can't get this to work after some effort, set this build aside and try a simpler circuit, such as a one-knob fuzz.  Getting a few simpler builds under your belt will give you the confidence and experience to move forward on more complicated projects.  Good luck!

[NOTE:  We love to help folks here at the tagbboardeffects blog.  However, for many standard building questions, there are a plethora of web resources you can access such as the debugging link at DIYStompboxes.com given above.  Let Google be your friend here.  Also, be prepared to measure voltages and continuity in your circuit, as there is only so much someone can do from a distance.  There are many things to learn in this hobby (and I'm still learning!), but it's fun and rewarding.  Thanks!]