Question about 2G527 germanium transistor

Question about 2G527 germanium transistor

gogiche
Hello guys I have found this old germanium transistor
and I don't know what to use it for?

http://www.radiomuseum.org/tubes/tube_2g527.html

This is the only web page that I have found info....

Please suggest something :)

Thanks A LOT!

Gogo

Re: Question about 2G527 germanium transistor

What is the hfe and leakage like?

Re: Question about 2G527 germanium transistor

Looking at All Transistors it looks like the hfe is a "minimum" of 40 but it gives no idea of what a typical gain may be.  So it all depends what it measures, and as Travis mentioned, what the leakage is.

I've heard some pretty nice sounding Rangemasters with low gain transistors, but if the leakage is high then it may not quite do it for you and may only be suitable to use in some sort of germanium buffer circuit.

Get in on the breadboard and have a play.

Re: Question about 2G527 germanium transistor

gogiche
Thanks for the advice guy's  :)

I'll do my best...

Regards