Question about sockets

burksguitar
This is probably going to sound stupid but what do you guys use for single sockets for diodes and transistors?

I'm thinking it's maybe female pin headers and you separate them somehow? Or do they make single sockets?

Re: Question about sockets

jtn191

Re: Question about sockets

Dave
Yep, the same kind as i use for transistors as well. Just snap off one pin for things like diodes, wire cutters work well for this.
Thanks
Dave

Re: Question about sockets

burksguitar
Thanks guys.

Re: Question about sockets

They're actually really good for ICs too.  I bought a load of 8 pin IC sockets but the good thing about the strips is that you're left with a much bigger gap under the IC and could fit a resistor or even a small cap under there if you wanted to.  Certainly worth considering if you're running out of a bit of space.  One half of the vbias voltage divider would fit neatly under there between 9V pin 8 and ground pin 4.

Re: Question about sockets

burksguitar
Thanks, good idea!