Question for the Reverb experts.

Beaker
A friend of mine has asked me to build him a reverb pedal, as he has bought a vintage non-reverb amp.
Naturally he wants to play his guitar through it, but also mentioned using it with a microphone for harmonica.

It did not occur to me at the time to ask if he had a Hi-Z harmonica mic, or a Low-Z mic like an SM57.

So, would I run into impedance problems with the Box of Hall reverb or one of it's variants. Also, how do I add a XLR input and output alongside standard guitar jack sockets?

Thanks guys.

Re: Question for the Reverb experts.

negativefx
My band just uses LO-Z to HI-Z impedance transformers when needed.  They're around $15 at local shops.  Obviously since you're building this you have other options, but if you want to keep the pedal simple, just slap one of those between the mic's XLR cable and the standard input jack on the pedal.

Here's a GC link for example.  GC Transformer

Re: Question for the Reverb experts.

Beaker
I'd already thought of using a DI box to do the same, but that looks like a great piece of kit. Thanks!