Question for those of you who etch your own PCBs

Question for those of you who etch your own PCBs

Sensei Tim
Question for those of you who etch your own PCBs:

How to you get really clean drill holes?

I have a small bench too drill press and i can't seem to get clean holes on the non copper side. It always let oks like the last one or two layers in the fr4 start to delaminate and I get this pale ring around the hole.

Any tips?  Is this my drill bit that isnt sharp enough?  Crappy copper clad? Drill speed not fast enough?

Re: Question for those of you who etch your own PCBs

Sensei Tim

This is an example of what I'm talking about

Re: Question for those of you who etch your own PCBs

Are you using a "spoil board" of any kind?

You might find this video helpful

http://youtu.be/N7ZnyGO2vbw

Around 4:30 is when she starts talking about bits

Re: Question for those of you who etch your own PCBs

Sensei Tim
No and now I feel like an idiot for forgetting something so basic and obvious ;)

Will give it a try and report back.