Question of pedal placement.

Synsound
I was curious where the most common placement of an amp simulator pedal in the effect chain should be. In my case it's a Rocket Pedals Animal. Currently I have it in my chain after OD and distortion but before fuzz.
I started thinking perhaps a amp in a box type effect should fall towards the end but prior to the ambience oriented things like delay and reverb.
I would love to hear from others as I don't see this class of pedals mentioned in any online pedal sequence breakdowns. I wasn't sure if it would be considered a dirt effect or not.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Question of pedal placement.

dbat69
There are a few schools of thought about where to place such pedals.  In reality, there is probably no right way or wrong way - it is up to the individual.

The best advice I ever got, was to "try it and see".  What works for one person with the gear they have may not work for another with different gear.  Indeed, what two people want in terms of tone and sound will generally always differ.

So, have a go in the different positions and see which you prefer, which gives you the best tone - once you find that, then that is the right way (for you)