RIP Jeff Hanneman

Milkit
Title says it all really.   I only found out a few moments ago!

Although not everyone's cup of tea, he was one of the reasons I started playing guitar in the first place, that & because my Dad hated noise!

Death is shit!
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!

Re: RIP Jeff Hanneman

JaviCAP
Administrator
What's the fuck??????? Wasn't him alreay recovered from the "supposed" spider's bite and ready to return to Slayer (Kerry King dixit a few weeks ago)???????

Can't believe it!

Re: RIP Jeff Hanneman

peavey_xxl
  I think a little Seasons in the Abyss or Raining Blood would be appropriate tonight!

Re: RIP Jeff Hanneman

Milkit
Liver failure apparently. I think they're still trying to find out whether or not it's related to the spider bite, Javi. But yeah, not good especially at 49!!

Seasons just happens to be one of my favourite albums of all time, desert island disc dude, good call!  It will be getting cranked today that's for sure!
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!

Re: RIP Jeff Hanneman

Yes I was totally shocked by this.  One of my fave concerts was seeing them in the South of Heaven tour in 88 at the Manchester Apollo with Nuclear Assault.  Not everyone's cup of tea but I love Slayer.

Re: RIP Jeff Hanneman

Vince
I heard last night... Totally gutted.

He and Slayer were/are a massive influence on my guitar playing, both style and tone. I saw them in London a few years ago and it was the most intense gig I have ever been to. The first time I genuinely feared for my safety and it was fucking euphoric!!.. They're regarded as part of the 'big four'... As far as I'm concerned there was only one. No band could touch Slayer...

I quite like what Kerry King has said..

"Jeff Hanneman doesn't want a moment of silence. He was in fucking slayer. He wants a moment of noise!" *raises 2 shots*

- Kerry King.