ROG Supreaux Deux

okwilliam
Hi, Hi. I'm having troubles with the ROG Supreaux Deux.
Checked everything a thousand times. I have a strange problem that the 50k trimpot sparkles/smokes(burns?) (not good) when i turn it. At first I thought it could be a faulty trimpot. I replaced it with another one. Same problem. I loose the signal at S from Q2.
Any ideas?
Make Fuzz Not War

Re: ROG Supreaux Deux

Marbles
Hey!

I'm not an expert, but it does sound like a component could be off, misplaced. I believe you checked it a lot, but sometimes a second pair of eyes can give fresh insights.
Could you maybe post a picture of the front and back?

Re: ROG Supreaux Deux

okwilliam

Make Fuzz Not War

Re: ROG Supreaux Deux

okwilliam
I added the images (sorry for the slow reply). Are they okay enough?
Make Fuzz Not War

Re: ROG Supreaux Deux

Ciaran Haslett
Placement looks good.  Sparks in the trimpot makes me suspicious of the top row and cuts around the long ground link.  I'd knife along this row thoroughly for solder bridges and check the cuts are completely free of copper and solder.

It also looks like a few solder joints could be touched up.  The bottom leg of one of the trimmers looks suspect.

Keep at it, you'll find it eventually

Re: ROG Supreaux Deux

okwilliam
Thanks for the tips. I checked again/knifed again, but still nothing. I will try an other Supro-like layout. :)

groet,
William

Op di 6 sep. 2016 om 15:02 schreef Ciaran Haslett [via Guitar FX Layouts] <[hidden email]>:
Placement looks good.  Sparks in the trimpot makes me suspicious of the top row and cuts around the long ground link.  I'd knife along this row thoroughly for solder bridges and check the cuts are completely free of copper and solder.

It also looks like a few solder joints could be touched up.  The bottom leg of one of the trimmers looks suspect.

Keep at it, you'll find it eventually

To unsubscribe from ROG Supreaux Deux, click here.
NAML
--
Groet,
William