ROG Thunderbird Battery version

strassercaster
I have made several of the thunderbirds on the main page. I thought i would try the battery version . I have no mistakes I have checked it over several times on several different occasions. I am wondering now  if there could be a mistake on this layout since it isnt verified.I don't think i have any bad parts but idk . I replaced all op amps i have changed out most of the polarized capacitors.  I have a strong signal coming out of the first opamp with the audio probe. Then coming out of the diodes on top it gets cut down too 10 percent. I can still hear all the knobs functioning when turned . I get strong signal to the 3k3 at the top coming off the top diodes then it goes south . going into the top right opamp the signal is 10 percent from there on. I have never had such a hard time as this trouble shooting . it could be a bad part I know Alex is as good as it gets. I looked over the schematic and it seems to be right. Ill post voltages and pictures tonight. I reflowed every solder i inspected the cuts layout jumpers and placements 5 times.  I might need to replace a couple more poloraized caps. I did have a mistake or two when i first fired it up . maybe that damaged something.Could one of you just dpouble check the layout for me PLEASE. I think its right and I more than likely bombed a cap that I havent changed yet but just to be sure i would appreciate it. Thank You. I told this guy it would be ready last weekend I could have just built another one ha ha and may still have too

Re: ROG Thunderbird Battery version

strassercaster
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: ROG Thunderbird Battery version

strassercaster

Re: ROG Thunderbird Battery version

strassercaster

Re: ROG Thunderbird Battery version

Ciaran Haslett

Bridge that bottom cut in the red circle and move it 2 holes to the left.  You can find that part of the circuit between u1b and u2a in the schematic.  The rest checks out.  Hopefully that'll get you sorted.

Re: ROG Thunderbird Battery version

Alex
Thanks for spotting the mistake Ciaran! (Sorry about that Strassercaster)
I had completely forgotten about this layout (just added the other one on the main page).
Large layouts are always a pain.
I'm drawing one for the Radial Tone bone Classic and that one is a great candidate for mistakes.
The schematic is a bit confusing.
Would you feel like having a look at it once it's finished before I add it to the main page?
I could email it to you if you can.

Re: ROG Thunderbird Battery version

Ciaran Haslett
No problem Alex.  Happy to help.

Re: ROG Thunderbird Battery version

strassercaster
thanks that did the trick. I made another one off the verified layout because i have to get it to a friend who has been patiently waiting. . i have made 7 of these now. ( if i get the bugs out of these 2 I have an issue still with the battery one and my new one. They both make a high pitch whistle when gain and volume are past 3 oclock. if i turn the gain past three oclock or 8 on a scale of ten it cuts out on the non battery version on this version its not as bad it just squealls when the treble is almost maxed along with the gain and volume.IIT seems really tied in with the tone control as well.  dont know what to do. i was subbing ne5532 for the lm 833 but they arrived today and although its a tad less whistle and squeal its unacceptable.I used to box before testing. i am wondering if being exposed on the bench could be adding to it. i have checked every single thing multiple times . at first i was thinking it was like the klons  charge pumps icl7660 non NON 7660S squeal but the lt1054 from my good working ones squeals in the new pedals as well and its only at settings past 2 or three oclock. i was careful to have good seperastion and no wires crossing on the bench as not to pick up noise . i dont think shielding will help.im stumped again. ha ha any suggestions

Re: ROG Thunderbird Battery version

strassercaster
also when stone and or treble and gain settingsare past 2 oclock i get the squeal at the first opamp its really earlyt in the circuit and gets more and more amplified further down the path