Rangemaster or Tone Bender?

Re: Rangemaster or Tone Bender?

Do you have a breadboard tracer?

Re: Rangemaster or Tone Bender?

BetterOffShred
Dope.  Yeah I find the break up from the extra bass to be really .. really.  Good.  It's one of my current favorites.

I'll qualify that and say that it's just not as magical through a little turd solid state combo.  So don't build one and plug it into your 1x8 10 watt combo and say it sucks. Plug it into a 20 watt all tube head into a 4x12 and crank it up.. smell those tubes burn.   Its so good.

Re: Rangemaster or Tone Bender?

BetterOffShred
Also I tried a bunch of stuff in mine, I really like the 80-90 range of hFe  on the rangemaster.  I tried everything up to 150, and down to like 40.. 80ish was best.

Re: Rangemaster or Tone Bender?

tracer03
Travis wrote
Do you have a breadboard tracer?
I do, but I will freely admit that while I can read circuit schems, I've not been able to translate a schem to a breadboard. One of those weird mental block things.

I have the 'Using a Solderless Breadboard' article (and others) from Small Bear favorited, but I just haven't made time to watch them. I've been easily distracted by building from layouts here...
KT