Raygun Youth Chaos Fuzz

Re: Raygun Youth Chaos Fuzz

Synsound
Another great circuit by Fredrik boxed and in heavy rotation.

Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Raygun Youth Chaos Fuzz

Kinski
Awesome. What's that graphic from?

Re: Raygun Youth Chaos Fuzz

Synsound
It is "Frank" from the film "Donnie Darko"
He is Donnie's schizophrenic hallucination. Great movie if you need something to watch.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Raygun Youth Chaos Fuzz

Freppo
Cool! Reminded me that I have to rewatch that movie some time.. :)
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: Raygun Youth Chaos Fuzz

Pedalhead
I've also made this, boxing it up at the moment. I used a toggle switch for setting 2 & 3 as suggested. Also added the Stupidly Wonderful Tone Control with 10k pot, 1k resistor and 4n7 cap. It doesn't need a huge treble cut, just enough to take the edge off when my ears are getting tired.

As I'm putting it in a reclaimed box which has a couple of extra switch holes I added a couple of mods. Bypassed the 1uf cap to gnd which turns it into a velcro ripping squarewave fuzz.

Also a switch to toggle between caps on pins 6 & 7 of the 4046 where the 100n is. Upping the cap slows down the pulse that's in the signal and a lower value cap speeds it up, I used 56nf.

Anyways, many thanks for your designs, I've also made the Sidescroller. Great pedals.

Re: Raygun Youth Chaos Fuzz

Freppo
Thanks for the build report :)

The CD4046 chip can be tweaked in alot of ways. It can be made to track much better than the Raygun Youth fuzz, but part of the fun is the inperfect tracking. I'm working on a deluxe version of a guitar synth now also based on the PLL chip, with alot of tweakability and a modulation sequencer.
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se
12