Really Cheap Compressor - Completed!

Silver Blues
Hey guys, just wanted to share my Really Cheap Bass Comp build with you guys because I was really pleased with the way it came out. Here are some (blurry ) pics.

Painted the enclosure with one coat of Ford Medium Quasar Blue (why I have this color, I have no idea) and left the bottom raw. Also put in a soft-latch relay bypass system (Thanks, Jack!) which is brilliant. The thing sounds amazing, perfectly transparent with anything from just a little sparkle to total squash. (My sustain control is backwards but since I'm too lazy to fix it I'm going to mentally rename it the "Dynamics" control and go on with my day ) It's also DEAD quiet, even with a TL072, and actually rejects all the noise from the baaaaad test brick I have. Did I mention it was loud? Unity is at about 60% of the Level control at 75-100% compression. (Settings in the pics, actually.)

I'm happy, let me know how you like it!

Re: Really Cheap Compressor - Completed!

induction
Purty.