Relay Bypass from 1776 Effects

zosotone
Nice addition for a relay bypass switch from 1776 company

Re: Relay Bypass from 1776 Effects

It would be but it's useless without the program unfortunately

Re: Relay Bypass from 1776 Effects

zosotone

Re: Relay Bypass from 1776 Effects

Yes it's a shame. I'll keep an eye out for a similar circuit that comes with a published program

Re: Relay Bypass from 1776 Effects

zosotone
Thanks Mark!

Re: Relay Bypass from 1776 Effects

westerton
What do you mean 'it's useless without the program'?

Re: Relay Bypass from 1776 Effects

Beaker
The IC used on these boards is a PIC - progammable IC.

1776 sell the board, and include a pre-programmed PIC with it. These ICs can be programmed to perform all sorts of tasks, and are commonly used for "home" robotics - everything from controlling your fridge to TV or automotive applications.

You can easily buy these ICs, but they need to be programmed. For that you need a PIC or AVR programmer, and the knowledge of how to write a progamme to control the relay.

Re: Relay Bypass from 1776 Effects

westerton
Ahhh, understood.
Thank you!

Re: Relay Bypass from 1776 Effects

Silver Blues
Actually you guys are in luck.

Cost of entry isn't too bad either. The ATTiny85s sell on eBay for an average of $1.50 apiece, and then you'll need one of these. I'm probably going to get some myself.