Replacing potentiometer with a resistor

Guzz
Hi guys,

I'd like to remove the threshold pot and use it's max value all the time. Would the resistor and link (dark red color) I've added to the layout work ?

Thanks.

Re: Replacing potentiometer with a resistor

nostradoomus
I have had luck putting the preferred value resistor at 2 and 3 of the potentiometer instead of 1 and 3. Might be circuit dependent, I'm not knowledgeable enough to say for sure.

Re: Replacing potentiometer with a resistor

Linking lugs 1 and 2 will give you the minimum setting. For the max setting, link lugs 2 and 3.

Re: Replacing potentiometer with a resistor

Guzz
So there is no convenient way to do this on this layout, right ? Or am I just not seeing it ?

Re: Replacing potentiometer with a resistor

Zanius
For full clockwise emulation you should:
-Link 2 and 3
-Put a 1M resistor between 1 and 2

Step 2 is not always needed, depends on the circuit. I would do it anyway :)

*Edit*

No, there is not enough room in there to do it neatly. Just put the resistor on board and connect the other two cables or run a cable/link above the resistor