Reverb driver

tjdracz
Hi guys, I've decided it's time for me to build a nice spring reverb as I'm in my spaghetti western mood now :)
I would like to drive that tank: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Accutronics-Long-Decay-Reverb-Tanks-4BB3C1B-NOS-/331374940883?pt=UK_MusicalInstruments_Parts_Accesories&hash=item4d277c52d3
Any good driver circuits out there? I know Stage Centre Reverb and there are couple of nice mods by Mark Hammer out there but can't find any nice demos and people are quite divided about its usability and niceness of sound.
Any nice, quick and dirty alternatives?

Re: Reverb driver

alex.s
I'd have a look at THIS, looks really cool.

I'm looking for a nice enclosure (possibly rack mountable) for an Accutronics tank I have lying about as I'd love to build the Surfy Bear around it

Re: Reverb driver

tjdracz
THAT... IS... AMAZING!

Re: Reverb driver

Frank_NH
Anyone want to take a crack at a vero layout for the Surfy Bear JFET Reverb?

Re: Reverb driver

tjdracz
Hm... those JFETs will run pretty hot, definitely need to be heatsinked. Not sure how to get around that on vero

Re: Reverb driver

Re: Reverb driver

Frank_NH
Well, I noticed he's selling a Surfy Bear PCB for $11.  That may be preferable to a complicated (and large) vero.

I just built a 1776 effects rub a dub from his PCB and a Belton reverb brick.  The sound is pretty good though I'm not wild about the modulation.  Anyhow, there are lots of Belton brick projects out there (Box of Hall, etc.).

How about a Reverb-Tremolo?  That has to be one of my favorite combos.  Take a listen to the Mr. Black Deluxe Plus...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyvtzc3tftI