Reverberation Machine way to subtle with sunshine

Re: Reverberation Machine way to subtle with sunshine

Addy Bart
Glad it helped!

Re: Reverberation Machine way to subtle with sunshine

Marbles
Thanks!, just started building it, I'll keep this in mind!

Re: Reverberation Machine way to subtle with sunshine

squirrels
If you try the original value out too, I'd like to know if yours behaved the same way if you don't mind.

Re: Reverberation Machine way to subtle with sunshine

Peter Venkman
would you be willing to direct me towards which 100K resistor you swapped out for the 4.7k, im having the same issue. darkstar sounds perfect, bright is barely audible. I have literally built this board over 40 times now and have finally gotten to the point where the only issue is the bright setting being practiaclly inaudible
make them loud enough to melt the sun

Re: Reverberation Machine way to subtle with sunshine

squirrels
It's the 100k on the top row connecting the 4.7n and 100n. I wonder why nobody brought this issue up on the main page?

Re: Reverberation Machine way to subtle with sunshine

Addy Bart
I've built this on vero and also an etched board, and in both cases the bright setting needed the 4k7 resistor (or lower) to sound right. So I'm pretty sure that the posted schematic is wrong there. Feel free to add this info to the main page... It will surely save other folks some time debugging :-)

Why are the two resistors  1m and 39k "see through" on the layout? Are these optional or were they added later? I've always assumed they go there so o put them in, thought maybe I should leave them out to correct the bright setting, now I know that it's the 100k you  guys directed me to. Thanks so much!
make them loud enough to melt the sun

Re: Reverberation Machine way to subtle with sunshine

Alex
They were "see through" to be able to see the cuts underneath.
Layout has been updated.

Ok. I've always just put the see through stuff on the board assumi that they were components that were added that improved the sound of the circuit.
make them loud enough to melt the sun

Re: Reverberation Machine way to subtle with sunshine

The 1M and 39K are transparent so that you can see the cuts underneath them.

As to why the change regarding the 100K associated with the bright switch wasn't mentioned in the main blog post, Alex simply used an existing schematic and kindly drew us a layout from it. He can't always anticipate an error in the schem or modification that will be made later.

Edit: looks like I'm too slow at the keyboard!

I swapped out the 100k for a 4.7 and the Bright side is bright and sunshinny as it should be, however im not getting much out of the BLEND knob. It basically just acts as another volume knob but turns down the clean tone as well as the effect. Could this be because I havent wired in the foot switch yet? I just have the board built, and then soldered on stand outs where all the wired connections go on the board. Then I put the board on my bread board and use pots ive soldered legs to, that can be placed in the bread board, and I just jumper their connections to the rows the board wire connections stick in. I have the input and output in an old enclosure and their sleeves are connected to the bread board ground and the tips are connected via male eld jumpers to the bread board. Thanks again for the help with the resistor, now I can go back and take all the other Reverberation machine boards I built, swap out that resistor and test them.
make them loud enough to melt the sun

Re: Reverberation Machine way to subtle with sunshine

Marbles
I did try it, there was no audible reverb, so I swapped it, expecting that would solve my problem.

Unfortunately, that didn't solve my problem either, so I can't comment on the difference with the original resistor, sorry.

I have a subtle reverb in position 1, and none in position 2. The blendknob does have an effect as in: it's obvious that it's driving something judging the increase in slight hiss and volume, just no wall of verb unfortunately. I have to check my voltages. My PT2339 has 2 markings,  but I don't think I would have any signal if it was upside down haha.

I'll check, but can't be of any help to this thread so far I'm afraid.
12