Reverberation problem

Yannis ΑΤΞ
Hello

Before I continue with the problem I would like to say a big thank you to this community for all the info  that is shared and discussed..

 I have built around 5-6 pedals all of which are working (some of them after serious debugging)

Now i try to build the reverberation from dba, but when the effect is engaged i have clean signal..
The only changes I made, is replace the 4.7n cap with 5.6n and  use the  tl074 IC

The voltages are

L7805          TL074                          btdr brick

I 8,2               1 4.09 14  4.11         1      2 3 4  5                                              6
G 0                2 4.09  13 4.11        4.98 0  0 0  0.2 (slowly degrading)         0
O 4,98           3 2.69  12 2.71
                      4 8.2    11 0
                      5 2.75  10 0
                      6 3.36  9 0.20
                      7 3.31  8 7.59

Here is two pics of the build

Any ideas???
Is there a possibility i have "broken" the brick??
Thanx

Re: Reverberation problem

Addy Bart
Do the gain and volume pots work ok? If they do, then how about when you switch the toggle between the bright and dark reverb setting... If you can hear the reverb (a short reverberated click) then your problem is most likely somewhere before the brick's input.

I wouldn't recommend it but I once removed a BTDR-2 from a PCB. It took a lot of heat so yours is probably fine.

Re: Reverberation problem

Yannis ΑΤΞ
This post was updated on .
Only the volume pot works.. All the other pots and the switch  do nothing.

The brick is not soldered, i have it on in ic sockets. When the brick is off its just clear signal
When the brick is on its clear signal with a very low hiss sound

In an other post about reverberation someone posted his measurements.. If they are correct then there is something going on on pin8 and pin9.. His are 0 and ~6 and mine are 7.7 and 0.2

Re: Reverberation problem

Ciaran Haslett
Hi man

Can we get bigger pics in better light please?  Upload them to imgur or somewhere and post the links if you prefer.  Very hard to see anything at the minute.  Include pics of the top, bottom and all pots/switch wiring.

Cheers

Re: Reverberation problem

Yannis ΑΤΞ
Here are some better pics
I forgot to put the l7805 in the sockets for the pics but its there

http://imgur.com/a/oA5RJ

Re: Reverberation problem

Addy Bart
Have you knifed the gaps? Looks like a possible solder bridge bottom left corner of the board.

Re: Reverberation problem

Yannis ΑΤΞ
It was a misplaced cap pin..  (Feeling stupid and happy at the same time)

Now the effect works, but i'm not sure if the switch makes any difference

I haven't boxed it yet, and  its noisy as hell, so maybe it's just that..

Re: Reverberation problem

BassVD
The Reverberation Machine has some inherent noise, the knobs have effect on this: in more extreme settings, there'll be more noise, obviously.

The switch should make a huge difference though...

Re: Reverberation problem

Yannis ΑΤΞ
Ok

The switch works, but the thing now is that when the pot is turned just a little (8-9 o clock) it makes screaming noise which persists with guitar volume turned off, like main hum..
In general the gain pot makes noise like that, but at the beggining its worst..

I still haven't tried it with battery..