'Reverse' Delay Effect?

jwroper
Hi Guys, I was just looking around for a pedal that could do a good 'reverse' type effect like a backwards recording. I know some delays have the 'reverse' delay function which might do it and i also came across the Danelectro Back Talk which looks pretty cool. Anything on this site that can do that kind of jazz or can anyone recommend anything that gets close? Cheers!

Re: 'Reverse' Delay Effect?

alex.s
Depends what your budget is. I have that effect on my Line6 DL4, and if you can stretch to get one of those, you will get a lot of delay for your money, especially buying used.

The Vox version of it seems to be very good too, but I've never tried it personally. The latter allows you to save different banks of 3 settings rather than just the 3, which is a bonus.

Plus, for a digital pedal, it can be modded in a couple interesting ways (extra setting switch -replacing the expression pedal-, looper switch).

I'm pretty sure the Line6 Echo Park features the reverse echo, too and I'd expect it to be quite similar.

I'd personally go for something like that since the Danelectro might end up being a bit too much of a one trick pony, while you'd be getting a whole lot more with a DL4.

Re: 'Reverse' Delay Effect?

check out the tc electronics flashback delay. i'm not really for digital, but it sounds great, as multiple choices including reverse, and the different delays do sound very analog. and cheap to boot.

Re: 'Reverse' Delay Effect?

I've always got to try to get people to see the light about rack effects  so get a little rack unit and a Digitech Studio Quad 4.  It's a great little multieffect, has lots of delay options (up to 8 independent delay lines running simultaneously) and including reverse up to 5 seconds.  The modulation effects are really lush and it also has a surprisingly good pitch shifter including intelligent harmoniser if you're into that kind of thing.  Run effects in series or parallel or mixture of the two, and the MIDI implementation is about as good as I've used with only maybe the G-Force being marginally better and easier to use.

I still use mine quite a lot despite having a TC G-Force and Eventide Eclipse in my rack.  In fact I'll probably get another at some point as a spare when I see one at a good price.

Re: 'Reverse' Delay Effect?

mirosol
Administrator
There are a lot of cheaper alternatives than the ones posted above. Probably the cheapest decent/usable reverse delay can be found in Digitech XDD Digital Delay. One should be able to score those used for something like 45€/£40/$55...

I believe all the reverse effects on the market are digital designs, so at the time being there's not much chance of cloning one.
+m
fyaelectronics.com