Reverse cut and link image

GVC66
I noticed on an older post mark had made a reverse of the image showing the cuts and links.  This is great because you don't have to reverse the cuts in your head and we can use the traditional image for the links.

Re: Reverse cut and link image

JaviCAP
Administrator
Fortunately, I have not to trust my mind to do  the cuts :)

I just download the image, and with any image viewer (Irfanview, freeware for example), I do a "Flip Horizontal" of the image, et voila, here you have the image with the cuts reversed, as you see your solder  side ot the vero.

BR

Re: Reverse cut and link image

Yes I did that a couple of times when I was building them.  I just mirrored the image in Paint Shop Pro and pasted it into the layout.  It would be a bit of messing to add them to every layout which wouldn't necessarily bother me, but I left that to the builder because for you when you have the image opened in Irfanview or similar, it is two clicks to flip the horizontal.  And I wanted to standardise on my layouts so that you know everything you see is looking at components side.

Re: Reverse cut and link image

GVC66
Cool,  I print most of mine from my iPad.  Has anyone had any experience cropping and reversing from the iPad?  I can definitely appreciate you not wanting to clutter the file up for something so simple for most people

Re: Reverse cut and link image

Milkit
If it helps, I simply mark the component insertion side with a permanent marker, where the trace cuts are on the layout, drill through with a 2mm bit & then tidy up the trace side with a scalpel or spot cutter!

Hope this helps!
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!

Re: Reverse cut and link image

Milkit
And you can clean the marker off with some IPA if you wish/have any!!

Sure she aint pretty, but she worked first time!
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!

Re: Reverse cut and link image

Olav
I do the same;

points if you see what it's for