Reverse engineering Fuzz God II

Jederino
Asked this question over at diystompboxes, but I think it got lost is the sea of threads.

Drawing out the FG II (I'll get some pics soon!), and the layout is mostly surface mounted parts, except for the transistors.  Question is:  are these circuit boards double layered?  I can see the traces on the top side, but on the solder side, it looks like the majority is maybe ground.  Anyone familiar with this?

Thanks!

Re: Reverse engineering Fuzz God II

GoranP

I don't know about this particular pedal but let me just put it out there that with the cheap fab houses cropping up left and right, two and four layer boards are becoming quite common even in diy.

Seeing top and bottom layer doesn't rule out the existence of more layers in between.

Re: Reverse engineering Fuzz God II

Jederino
Good to know!  It's not too complicated of a circuit, I believe, so once I have it sketched out, I'm sure a fuzz aficionado on here will say "ahh, it's a take on so and so's circuit".  I hope my wife's camera, with some good lighting, will be able to capture the board pretty good.

Re: Reverse engineering Fuzz God II

GoranP

I'm quite sure that's exactly how it's gonna go down.

Do what you can and someone will take it from there...