Roger Mayer Octavia w/o Octave?

squirrels
Is anyone aware of a way (if possible) to make the octave in the Roger Mayer Octavia switchable. I’m really liking what I’m hearing of the Band of Gypsys Fuzz Face and I already have an Octavia built so I was wondering if it was possible.

The vero: http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2014/02/roger-mayer-octavia.html
The schematic: https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=92244.0

The schematic is on the fifth post.

Re: Roger Mayer Octavia w/o Octave?

aelling
This post was updated on .
Try lifting the Anode of D2 from the signal. EDIT: Sorry, I meant the signal from the Cathode of D2, lift the Cathode end from the board.

Re: Roger Mayer Octavia w/o Octave?

squirrels
Thanks for the tip but it didn’t really change much. It gives me an excuse to build the Band Of Gypsys Fuzz Face though.

Re: Roger Mayer Octavia w/o Octave?

Strassercaster1
You can do that with the tycobrah Octavia . It’s got a transformer but it’s a fantastic fuzz on its own and they have the layout on the main site !

Re: Roger Mayer Octavia w/o Octave?

Use a switch to simultaneously short D1 and break D2 or vice-versa.