Roland AG-5 Funny Cat

Re: Roland AG-5 Funny Cat

Alex
That's really strange.
The last layout is exactly the same with an extra SDS/Normal boost that only works when the filter is switched off.
The filter side should sound the same.
Which one sounds best? The one with the front buffer with trimmer?

Re: Roland AG-5 Funny Cat

Hozy31
Yes i know its odd. One thing i haven't tried is to swap out the TL072s which i will try when i get back from work. Should maybe also have a look at voltages. Yes the best sounding one IMO is the one with the front buffer and trimmer.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Roland AG-5 Funny Cat

Alex
This post was updated on .
Let me know if there was something wrong with the voltages.
I'll double check the layout in the mean time.
Edit: Layout seems to be correct.

Re: Roland AG-5 Funny Cat

Hozy31
Had a dodgy TL072. It looked different to the rest of my batch as well. Now it sounds as good as the previous layout except no drop in volume between stomp switches. Well done Alex!. I think i might box them both and sell the other. Thanks again for all the help
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Roland AG-5 Funny Cat

Alex
This post was updated on .
Cool! Good collaboration! (nobody else seemed interested)
Any chance of making a video once boxed?
I want to add it to the main page but the videos around make the pedal sound terrible (lack of mods may help too)!

Re: Roland AG-5 Funny Cat

Hozy31
Will do. I am a bit slow when it comes to boxing but i'll try and get something up soon. Have to find a suitable image for the decal, could be fun. I might post a sound cloud clip when i get a chance because your totally correct them YT videos really don't do it justice.
"Red velvet lines the black box"
12