Roland JC120 but Channel 2

Kirkus
This post was updated on .
Being a huge Metallica fan I really liked the idea of JC-120 in a box.
 As I was about to order all I need to build the verified JC-120 preamp in the verified section I realized that this crystal clean sound actually comes from channel 2 of this amp with the distortion all the way down!

While I have found the schematic for the amp I'm a complete and utter noob when it comes to deciphering schematics
Plus I'm comparing the schematic used by Neil Mcnasty to make the preamps channel 1, to the channel 1 of the schematic I found and they are different and more confusing :P

Back to my request now :)
Would it be possible to create the Channel 2 preamp section of the iconic JC-120?

Thanks in advance and here's the schematic I found with a quick internet search

https://music-electronics-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27023&d=1389850077

Re: Roland JC120 but Channel 2

Blackboarcult
There are several iterations (different schematics) of this iconic amp.
If emulating a particular sound is what you're after, maybe try to investigate a little about what exact model was used by Metallica at the time...
Anyway I've been meaning to breadboard and lay out this schematic for some time, but won't be able to do it until I finish my exams in a couple of weeks. If nobody else beats me to it, please bear with me for some more days

Re: Roland JC120 but Channel 2

Kirkus
Thanks for your response blackboardcult
The more i see the schematic and watch videos of the actual amp the more i believe that's it's pretty much the same but with the addition of the distortion and the chorus/vibrato effects?
I could be wrong tho

Re: Roland JC120 but Channel 2

Blackboarcult
AFAIK there have been several changes to the main circuit besides the post FX. I dunno if those have affected the overall sound and response of the amp, though. BUT vintage-obsessed geeks & corksniffers will always tell you Older Is Better  Anyway trust your ears not your eyes. I'll try to come up with the more common version of it.

Re: Roland JC120 but Channel 2

Kirkus
This post was updated on .
Found the schematic used for the verified JC 120 preamp used by Neil mcNasty (provided by yiyorebel) and i've noticed a few differences already in values between the 2 channels of the amp before the singal even hits the distortion section so i can only assume that the 2 channels are not identical with the only difference being the addition of distortion and modulation effects!

But i have to be patient and wait for some good man to help out :)
Here's the schematic