Rookie needs help identifying component

Redstrand
What are the black half circles? One has ISO on it EBG and so on

Thanks!

Re: Rookie needs help identifying component

ramonbee
hi

could you tell us what pedal are you going to build?
i assume that you are going for a delay. the correct letters are IGO(78L05 regulator) and CBE
the half black circle with the letters on it is a transistor.the letters are for the pin orientation of the transistor

Re: Rookie needs help identifying component

Redstrand
That was from a delay, yes. Saw them on other pedals. Just didn't know what they were

Re: Rookie needs help identifying component

Redstrand
Igo yes instead of ISO, the others I draw were GSD CBE and DSG. They're all transistors?

Re: Rookie needs help identifying component

Silver Blues
IGO is a 78L0x series fixed voltage regulator (if it`s in a delay it was a 78L05). Not a transistor but rather a small integrated circuit.

DSG/GSD are field-effect transistors, either JFETs or MOSFETs (probably a JFET in a delay).

CBE is a standard bipolar junction transistor (e.g. 2N5088).

Re: Rookie needs help identifying component

Redstrand
Awesome, thank you for clarifying