Rotary Switch Hack?

SpaceCommandant
I’ve got some metal Alpha 4p3t rotary switches. Is there a possible/practical way to limit the rotation and turn them into 4p2t? These ones don’t have the adjustable washers on top like the cheapo, plastic ones do. In theory there just needs to be something physically blocking the rotating component. I’d just like to hear if anyone has any knowledge on this before I take one apart.

Re: Rotary Switch Hack?

scimitar
I did this for a couple of builds, don't have them in front of me but from memory I opened them up and epoxied a small piece of metal so that the stop piece on the rotary switch stopped at the correct point - was a bit dubious but has held so far.