Rough enamel finish?

Moda
So i have changed my brand of enamel for a new set of boxes im doing. After a few coats a letting them dry they had a furry feeling. Whilst i was temted to get out the wet meatal sandpaper i was a bit nervous as the finish itself is nice and i didnt want to stuff it and need a redo.
Answer. The good old non scratch kitchen sponge. With the water running i lightly rubbed the non scratch scourer over the enclosure increasing pressure as my confidence gained.
End result? Beautiful smooth finish with no scuffing.
Not sure if the acrylic  top coat will show anything but so far very happy!
Not the wife as it was our last kitchen sponge though.....