Russian germanium fuzz type thing.

Teddeeh
Posted on a mates page. Not sure if this has been done or anyone knows what it is.

Re: Russian germanium fuzz type thing.

anders
Thats a Kazan Booster, an old sovjet fuzzbox. I built it a couple of years ago but had to do a couple of mods to make it work properly. According to my notes I had to omit R17 (300ohm) and enlarge the volume pot (R15, 2k,2B) to 50k to have output above unity. Also R8 has no value in the schematic, a 1M resistor works fine there.
Sadly I can't find the layout anywhere, I think I will draw a new one tomorrow.