Rusty Box Boost alteration

Zanius
I was wondering. The boost on the Rusty if pre-set and controlled by fet switching.

So, if I understand correctly, when it's on, it gets the left side of the circled circuit in the game. Could I take that 6K8 resistor to a pot and control the boost level? Or then the other 6K8 (already in circuit) needs to be tweaked?

Sorry if that's complete nonsense :D

Re: Rusty Box Boost alteration

nocentelli
It seems the FET switches in a 6k8 in parallel with the 6k8 to the right so would give a full range boost and also brings in the 220n cap with that lower 2k2 resistor providing more boost but emphasizing higher frequencies. You could probably just do away with the 6k8 altoghether and replace the 2k2 with a 5k or 10 pot to set the exact level of treble boost (maybe with a 1k stopper resistor at the bottom).

Re: Rusty Box Boost alteration

Zanius
Thanx! I'm gonna build me one of those soon and I will explore some options. Gonna let you know hownit turns out.