SAD1024A

Dave
Anyone got any sources on the above chip? I need one for a vintage electric mistress I scored on ebay for £25 which needs restoring. Cheers for any help
Dave

Re: SAD1024A

dexxyy
Little diode has them Here , best to take a deep breath first tho' , only £108.99 +postage + vat,  probably the reason you picked it up for £25.
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: SAD1024A

adapt
here's a thread on diysb where they subbed a 3007 for a sad1024

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=78270.0

Re: SAD1024A

Dave
Ouch, thats a bit more than I thought they'd be.
Cheers anyway, I'll have to weigh up whether its worth it....

Re: SAD1024A

dexxyy
adapt wrote

that thread is for a retrofit mn3007 sub for a 9v EM, I`m presuming Dave has got himself the original 18v EM. I didn't read too far into the thread but I doubt you could drop this into the original and run it off 9v, And as the absolute maximum voltage for the mn3000series chips is 18v, running it off an 18v supply might lead to a very short lifespan. That is if it would even work as a replacement in an original 18v pedal.
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: SAD1024A

Dave
Yep, mine is an 18 volt. I guess it's just a case of waiting for one to come along.

Re: SAD1024A

dexxyy
Or you could retrofit a 9v pcb into it, I dunno if madbean is still doing his current lover board you could try that, or if you feel like etching your own you could have a look at THIS more about it HERE. probably a far cheaper alternative with the benefit of running it off your usual 9v supply. £25 for a vintage enclosure, knobs and whatever else you can salvage wouldn`t be too bad.
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: SAD1024A

Dave
Found one on Ebay, pricey, but not as bad as it could have been considering how rare these chips are getting now. Will post results once I've fixed it all up.
From the same seller, I also managed to get an old Maestro sustainer enclosure, its cool, I'm going to build one of the Maestro fuzzes into it I think and move it on as I'm not sure what else to do with it.
Cheers
Dave