SFX Thumpinator

mikejoyce

Re: SFX Thumpinator

Silver Blues
Do you know what C1 to C9 and IC3 are? (I suspect IC3 is a 7660S or one of its equivalents.) I could probably do that if I knew all the values.

Re: SFX Thumpinator

mikejoyce
Unfortunately, I have no idea what they are. Do you know of any circuits that are similar to this?

Re: SFX Thumpinator

Silver Blues
Eh... no, not really, sorry  I could try a general layout without knowing the values if you like.

Although I am now sure that IC3 is a 7660s as I checked it against the datasheet.

Re: SFX Thumpinator

Silver Blues
All right, here's... something, anyway... It's perhaps not quite as graceful as one of Mark or Miro's.

I apologize for that haphazard stack of resistors and caps in the bottom right, but they can all be fit in that space.

Re: SFX Thumpinator

mikejoyce
Thank you so much!! I've just now found a gutshot, but unfortunately I'm still clueless as to cap values.
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7156/1000176x.jpg

Re: SFX Thumpinator

Silver Blues
Lol yeah, that's not a very useful gut shot... C4 will only be revealed via a test, as those SMD tantalum caps (which I think that is) don't have markings AFAIK. There might be markings on the sides of those box caps but of course the pic is top down

Re: SFX Thumpinator

johnk
it's the red box caps that are setting the rolloff frequency. looking at the pic, there's two different sized ones.my guess, judging by the resistor values, is that the larger ones are probably close to 100n or thereabouts for a 27Hz high pass..