SLAW Mk3B

spacefuzz74
Does anyone know what delay effect this is?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=typ00w-OGGs

It may be a total custom job, but just checking if anyone can identify it.  Thanks!
KT

Re: SLAW Mk3B

KT
I am pretty sure it is a custom shop.
this might get you close: http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Pladask-Elektrisk-Workshop-Delay-V3-td36522.html

Re: SLAW Mk3B

spacefuzz74
YES!

On the vero layout you linked to above, what is the component labeled "10" right after the 9V input?

Thanks!

Re: SLAW Mk3B

induction
That looks like a 10 (or possibly 1) ohm resistor. The value is probably not crucial, as long as it's small.

Re: SLAW Mk3B

spacefuzz74
This post was updated on .
induction wrote
That looks like a 10 (or possibly 1) ohm resistor. The value is probably not crucial, as long as it's small.
OK!  So I built this and put a 10 ohm resistor at that spot....it immediately burnt up.  What am I missing here?  Should this be a polarity protection diode instead?

EDIT:  I put a 10k resistor there instead of the 10 ohm, no burning, but also no signal.  So, I took the 10k out and bridged the cut (bypassing any kind of resistor there) and i'm getting a rhythmic pulsing but still no signal.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Re: SLAW Mk3B

Nebula 71 wrote
Should this be a polarity protection diode instead?
Yes. Sorry. According to the schematic it's probably a 1n4148, with the stripe on the side closer to the 22k.

I should have checked the schematic in the first place, rather than relying on the vero. My bad.

Edit: I'm a bit disturbed that the resistor burnt up. This circuit should not consume enough current to burn up even an 1/8W 1 ohm resistor. I'd double check your vero for solder bridges. If you have an ohm-meter, check that the 9V track is not shorted to ground. Make sure the 1n4001 and the 100u between 9V and ground are not reversed. The stripe on the cap should be pointed toward ground. The stripe on the 1n4001 should be pointed away from ground.
KT

Re: SLAW Mk3B

KT
414 B in the schematic is a zener diode, not a 1n4148. I replaced the 414B with a 1N4001 diode as you can see on my vero.

A 10 ohm resistor is often placed in serie with the 9v supply, it should reduce noise. I is not supposed to burn up. Make sure the orientation of your 1N4001 and 100uF cap are correct. The vero is verified so I guess there is something wrong in your build.

Good luck with troubleshooting! maybe post in the thread with the layout.

Re: SLAW Mk3B

spacefuzz74
OK - thanks for the input - I'm going to continue this in the proper thread with the layout...I have a photo of  my build so maybe you can spot an error...