STONE GREY DISTORTION MAD CLOWN

MOPO
hello,

I have build the pedal Stone Grey Distortion shemas depending on the site, its works great, I have made a little video if it interests you to listen to the result after the shemas site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQgl84JEBmo

I 'm not bad build pedal thanks to you, it's really great thank you

sorry if my english is bad it's google translation :)

hi

mopo

Re: STONE GREY DISTORTION MAD CLOWN

Great work, thanks for sharing the video

Re: STONE GREY DISTORTION MAD CLOWN

Frank_NH
Very cool, thanks for sharing!

That reminds me that a while back I made a vero layout for the Stone Grey Distortion which uses the CD4049UBE chip (as I have a bazillion of 'em ).  I'll build it soon then post the layout if it works OK.

Re: STONE GREY DISTORTION MAD CLOWN

MOPO
hi

I 've done a lot of pedals according to shemas of certain site with some modification and stone gray sounds great.

Re: STONE GREY DISTORTION MAD CLOWN

Muadzin
I had a Dirty Little Secret as my main distortion for years. Nothing could kick it off, until I tried the Stone Grey. In a A/B test I found them to be quite similar, almost to the point that I saw little point exchanging the DLS, but in a band mix the Stone Grey cut better through the mix.

I wonder though, is there a significant difference in sound with the mosfet clipping version?

Re: STONE GREY DISTORTION MAD CLOWN

Frank_NH
Hmmm...I built a DLS last year and it was good (haven't boxed it yet), so I'm curious now as to how the Stone Grey will compare.  Sounds great in the demo videos.

Re: STONE GREY DISTORTION MAD CLOWN

Heath
Honestly, I was never that impressed with the Stone Grey.  I wanted to be.  I was really anticipating the hell out of it, but was kind of disappointed when I built it.  It sounds great in MOPO's video, don't get me wrong.

I think the MI Crunchbox ruined me.  I finally debugged my Wampler Triple Wreck and even for really high gain, the MI Crunchbox still does it better for me.