Sadowsky Preamp Problem-Pls help

ppanousos
This post was updated on .
I made the preamp using the layout but it does not work.The signal is very low at the output until i touch the back of the board,then the signal seems to be ok.I have around 5volts at the drain of both tranzistors,all the solder connections look shiny,i don't think i have cold connections and bridges.I triple check the placement of the components and i don't have any errors.Any thoughts?Thanks in advance

Re: Sadowsky Preamp Problem-Pls help

ppanousos
I put two 2K resistors in series with the 10K resistors that go to the drain of the tranzistors to obtain the 5v.Also i did not have the 750Ω so i put 500Ω+230Ω.Ι did not wire the bass and treble pots yet.
Here are some photos of my build:

http://i.imgur.com/RTNXa2J.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lUcqlqC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZI52ghd.jpg

Re: Sadowsky Preamp Problem-Pls help

Beaker
Looks like you need to swap the top right wire to output jack, and middle left wire to volume lug 3.

Re: Sadowsky Preamp Problem-Pls help

ppanousos
The layout puts the volume pot in front of the circuit.The way i wire it is to take the volume pot at the output of the circuit.So the volume 3 connection becomes the input and i take the output to volume 3,volume 2 to output jack,volume 1 to ground.

Re: Sadowsky Preamp Problem-Pls help

Beaker
Ok, I get you, but it might be worth wiring it as per the drawing. Good signal when you touch the back suggests a soldering error - a photo of the solder side might show something.

Re: Sadowsky Preamp Problem-Pls help

ppanousos
I wired the bass and treble pots and it worked.Looks like the signal travel throught them to the output.Thanks again!!!