Sadowsky preamp *mini*

Zanius
Verified

Re: Sadowsky preamp *mini*

doxasound
These layouts are so small!

Did you have to socket the JFET Drain resistors and/or audition different JFETs?

I built the full version of this and was having a buzzing issue when all boxed up.

Thank you!

Re: Sadowsky preamp *mini*

Zanius
In my opinion it is always a good idea to use sockets, especially for jfets. For some circuits you'll find out things can change dramatically when testing different ones. I tried a bunch when built this but I don't recall any buzzing.

Re: Sadowsky preamp *mini*

doxasound
Awesome, thanks for the confirmation!

Looks like this layout might be better than what's "published" on the main tagboard page!

I'll post here when I get to it! :D

Re: Sadowsky preamp *mini*

Zanius
I wouldn't call it "better". It's the same food, packed more tightly.
I don't recommend this for inexperienced builders btw

Re: Sadowsky preamp *mini*

doxasound
hahaha oh, oh, by better, I mean a lot of people were having this buzzing issue with the tagboard layout.

I think I'll be okay: instagram.com/doxasound

:D

Re: Sadowsky preamp *mini*

Zanius

Carry on sir

Re: Sadowsky preamp *mini*

doxasound
Wow, took a while, but this is VERIFIED!

I replaced the 10k Drain bias' with trimmers and both JFETS at 4.5v yielded the best results.

I have soapbar/humbucker pickups on my bass and they were too hot a signal, so I got a lot of distortion out of this thing, even after adjusting bias trimmers.

So, I recommend using this with single coil's!

Nice and compact size, I love it!