Same Circuit Different OpAmps - Demo

GuitarGas
Hey guys,
I was recently asked by a mate to build him the Amp11 Circuit, which btw was my first ever vero build and I remember when sourcing the parts I couldn't buy the JRC4558 locally so I read here...

http://www.guitargear.net.au/discussion/index.php?topic=5467.0

...that the Burr Brown dual op-amp OPA2134PA was a great alternative, which was available at my local Jaycar. So after completing my second Amp11 build with the suggested JRC4558 Op-amp I thought I would shoot a short A/B demo to outline the difference in sound.

Cheers

Re: Same Circuit Different OpAmps - Demo

Frank_NH
Thanks for the demo!  I actually think I prefer the JRC4558 versus the OPA2134PA, but the differences are subtle.  Of course Amp11 = Timmy = great circuit, so you can try a wide range of dual op amps in there.  My current favorites are the LF353N and NE5532.

Re: Same Circuit Different OpAmps - Demo

GuitarGas
Thanks for the feedback Frank, I tend to agree with you as well. After listening to the two side by side I am now preferring the JRC.
It might be an interesting exersice to try the different chips you suggested as well.
Might just do that.
Cheers