Sans Amp Bass Driver

sveinms
I really would like to have a Sans Amp Bass Driver in front of my bass amp!

There is already a pcb layout, but I would like to have a vero layout for this. Or is this going to be too big?

Thanks!

http://freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=422

Re: Sans Amp Bass Driver

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
i'm on it!it's not going to be too big.it's about 25x34 but not finished. unfortunately i have to leave it for tonight.in a couple of days it will be finished.

Re: Sans Amp Bass Driver

Alex
Crap! Started one too!

Re: Sans Amp Bass Driver

sveinms
Great! That size would be nice, will fit nicely in a BB enclosure! Looking forward for this one!

Re: Sans Amp Bass Driver

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
ah!sorry mate!
i bet your layout will be much easier to build.i love the way you put the wires of each pot close to each other.
i have a question though.it's about the switch.if you have sw1 and sw2 connected, wouldn't than kill your output? the signal would stop there, and the only connection between those 2 parts will be the vcc/2. am i missing something here? i've never seen something like that before.

Re: Sans Amp Bass Driver

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
and something else. is there a connection from bass2 to those 22nfs? if not then why not use a 10nf?
i don't know...i don't like that schem a lot...

Re: Sans Amp Bass Driver

Alex
Hey Savvas!
I've stopped drawing it.
That schematic is for the Behringer Bass BDI 21 and I think there are some mistakes.
You can find some corrections here:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=59525.80
I think you are right: the switch numbering makes no sense.

Re: Sans Amp Bass Driver

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
yeah...me too. i stoped at that sw3 connection...nevermind..if i find time i'll dig into those threats and try this one again in the next days...cheers

Re: Sans Amp Bass Driver

sveinms
I could also easily by a bdi21 from behringer, but I dont trust these pedals. I have already had an GDI 21 that broke after a few weeks. It's a nicer enclosure than the boss-style effects but still wouldn't depend on it for live usage.

Re: Sans Amp Bass Driver

sveinms
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=111303.0

here's another 'lite' version schematic of the bdi21

and a chinese (japanese??) version

http://drugscore.blog99.fc2.com/blog-entry-49.html

I don't actually really need the xlr output, so a version without the xlr would also be nice and lower the cost and work (and size?)?

Re: Sans Amp Bass Driver

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
aha!
that's exactly what i thought about that switch! sw2 and 3 were mixed up!
and i can see now a connection between bass2 and those 22nfs...

Re: Sans Amp Bass Driver

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
and here you go..

Re: Sans Amp Bass Driver

sveinms
That's really nice! I'm out of pots and ic's, will order them immediately and then hope it works!

Just one question, where should the b-output 1&2 go to? is that the xlr?

Re: Sans Amp Bass Driver

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
yeap. that's right.

Re: Sans Amp Bass Driver

Zanius
Damn Savvas, you're the man!

Re: Sans Amp Bass Driver

sveinms
Shipment from tayda arrived. Seems like I have forgotten to order the xlr jack and switches. How do I wire it up to use as a standard stompbox?

Re: Sans Amp Bass Driver

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
Just use the output wire as if there were no outputs1&2

Re: Sans Amp Bass Driver

sveinms
And just leave the output switch?

Re: Sans Amp Bass Driver

sveinms
not  working at the moment

voltages and a picture:

Re: Sans Amp Bass Driver

sveinms
forgot to connect volume to blend, but still no sound. Totally quiet. Checked everything but could't find a fault or a bridge.
12