Sansamp BDDI 'Lite'

Re: Sansamp BDDI 'Lite'

giudis
My friends, the layout it's ok, mods are very cool, congratulations johnk!!!
The C100k is fundamental!

I have one doubt only: in my build the blend control mixes the effected signal but at the end reduces the level until it get mute.... It's normal?

Re: Sansamp BDDI 'Lite'

giudis
Anyone?

Re: Sansamp BDDI 'Lite'

GrooveChampion
OK can someone please explain to me the buffered out and bypass out?

Re: Sansamp BDDI 'Lite'

GrooveChampion
I built it, it works. But the volume is REALLY low, any ideas?

Re: Sansamp BDDI 'Lite'

GrooveChampion
Guys I could really use some help with this

Re: Sansamp BDDI 'Lite'

GrooveChampion
Err, guys?

Re: Sansamp BDDI 'Lite'

balazs.bencs
I built this too (modded version from scratch) and I have the same issue - very low volume, although the controls seem to work except the Level pot, which doesn't do anything. I built this twice, cause I was not able to figure out what is wrong, but same issue. The Bypass out works fine, only the effect out is problematic.

I have another question: I see this (VB) at some of pot labels - what does this mean?

Re: Sansamp BDDI 'Lite'

johnk
balazs.bencs wrote
I have another question: I see this (VB) at some of pot labels - what does this mean?
VB means 1/2 of the power supply voltage. if it's a 9 volt supply, VB would be 4.5 volts.

Re: Sansamp BDDI 'Lite'

GrooveChampion
And what about the low volume issue?

Re: Sansamp BDDI 'Lite'

johnk
you must have an error in your build. mine has a TON of volume.

Re: Sansamp BDDI 'Lite'

GrooveChampion
OK, so just in case. There is a blue dot under the TL074/TLC2264. Does it differ from other dots? Is there a specific way I should wire the switch? And does the VB stuff matter?

Re: Sansamp BDDI 'Lite'

johnk
if you're asking those questions then i'm pretty sure that you've got an error in your build.
the blue dot means two links join in that hole.
VB is very important. you might start taking some voltage measurements to troubleshoot your build.

Re: Sansamp BDDI 'Lite'

GrooveChampion
This post was updated on .
Most likely, then how is the blue dot different from the white one?

Well, there is no white dot, so ots your way of marking links. I will give it a run over. Anything I should pay attention to?

Re: Sansamp BDDI 'Lite'

johnk
the white one is a link sharing the hole with a 10K resistor.

Re: Sansamp BDDI 'Lite'

balazs.bencs
Ok, so I'm only writing because I had the same volume issue and I figured out the problem (at least on my board), the 10k resistor next to the left IC.. I broke it when I soldered it in. Maybe you should take a look at it too.

Vcc question

Paul_5
Assuming that my caps are rated at an appropriate level, will this run at 18v using TL074 ICs? That would mean that I could put john K’s equally awesome active DI in the same box without a charge pump.

Re: Vcc question

chriswilson83
I built this today (mods versions but the original would work too) Can confirm layout works BUT it has two faults....

1, Blend 1 and 3 are wrong way around (I had to swap them for it to operate the same direction as the Sansamp).

2, Bypass out isn't using the 100K or 1k as its coming straight off the 2u2....move the 100k from A12-D12 to A6-D6 instead and put the bypass wire in A12 instead. Sorted.
12