Schematics to lay out

distraughtman
Hi all,
I just got into the fun of making layouts, and I was wondering if there somehow was a magic database somewhere with lots of schematics waiting to be converted to vero...
I mean most of the layouts I've drawn have already been done, I was just trying my hand, but I'd love to contribute the same kind of resources I've been enjoying all these years.

Re: Schematics to lay out

Frank_NH
The best places to hunt for schematics are freestompboxes.org and DIYstompboxes.com.  But better than that - look for old solid state preamp and amp schematics, some of which can be used as effects.

What I've done in recent years is to learn about the circuits themselves and train myself to use LTSpice, the free circuit simulator from Linear Technologies.

http://www.linear.com/designtools/software/

I have created some unique circuits by using LTSpice, some of which I hope to release here.  But it's also fun to simulate something like the venerable Tube Screamer and see what tweaking different component values does to the circuit's response!

Re: Schematics to lay out

distraughtman
Thanks so much for your help Frank, I'll check all that out !
I downloaded LiveSPICE a while ago and never got round to using it... Definitely feel like it now.

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 10:36 PM, Frank_NH [via Guitar FX Layouts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
The best places to hunt for schematics are freestompboxes.org and DIYstompboxes.com.  But better than that - look for old solid state preamp and amp schematics, some of which can be used as effects.

What I've done in recent years is to learn about the circuits themselves and train myself to use LTSpice, the free circuit simulator from Linear Technologies.

http://www.linear.com/designtools/software/

I have created some unique circuits by using LTSpice, some of which I hope to release here.  But it's also fun to simulate something like the venerable Tube Screamer and see what tweaking different component values does to the circuit's response!

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Schematics-to-lay-out-tp40779p40783.html
To unsubscribe from Schematics to lay out, click here.
NAML