Schematics

ichilton
Hi,

Is there a reason why the schematics are not posted / linked to with the board layouts? - I think it would be good to see what it's built from (especially if there are different schematics floating around for a certain pedal), and would help with the understanding of it.

Thanks,

Ian

Re: Schematics

We can only post schematics created by other people if we have express permission to use them. This is possible sometimes but often not and so we don't let that stop or delay us posting up the layouts.  Most of mine were from schematics obtained from freestompboxes which you should be able to easily find doing a search there, and if there are any case in particular where you can't find the schematic then we can always link to the scheme on the other site(s).  Please no enormous influx of schematic requests from everyone, especially without checking for yourself first or we'll be spending our free time linking to schemes rather than doing new layouts.

It sounds like we are maybe being a little too careful about things, but there are people out there who believe posting layouts is tantamount to an infringement of copyright, trademark and/or patent, and whilst they're entirely wrong about that, we want to make sure our bases are covered in everything so that the site remains here and Google are given no reason to pull it.

Re: Schematics

ichilton
Ahh, ok - thanks for explaining.

I'm guessing you should be ok to link to a 3rd party schematic, which is useful to know the layout you built the board from, and it's helpful to debug problems..... but I understand if you can't.

Thanks for the great work you are doing here!! :)

Re: Schematics

Linking to the schematic isn't a problem providing it's posted somewhere accessible for others, but actually posting it on the site would be a problem.  The reason why I didn't bother linking in the past is because not everyone is a member of FSB, and if you're not you won't be able to see the images, and I just never bothered after those first thoughts about it.  But again if you're having any issues and can't find the scheme just mention it in the relevant thread and we can provide a link.

Re: Schematics

ichilton
Yeah, I guess, and you'd have to maintain the links, i.e remove them if they go dead etc, and have people questioning them, so it's all extra work!

Re: Schematics

ichilton
I'm moving off-topic a little bit here, but is there a reason you've not done the Fulldrive 2?

It seems a big/popular one to be missing, and I wondered if there was a particular reason for it?

Thanks,

Ian

Re: Schematics

It's in my list to do

Re: Schematics

ichilton
Ah, cool - looking forward to that!!

Are you able to say how near to the top of the list it is? :-)

Any plans to do the Barbor Ltd (not silver) or Super Signa Drive?

Thanks,

Ian

Re: Schematics

Madferret
I don't think there's been a layout on here that I haven't been able to find the schematic for with a quick google search, to be honest the vast majority of times I haven't even needed one as Mark and Miro are excellent with their suggestions for mods etc.  That said I've learnt a lot from debugging unverified layouts with a schematic so I can see the benefit of finding them.

Re: Schematics

No plans to do either unless someone releases a schematic for them.  If you can't find a scheme for a pedal then it won't be in the to do list.