Schumann twoface fuzz

PMowdes
Here's a little demo of something Dino and I have been working on lately.  A clone of the Schumann two face fuzz which we called the Harvey Dent fuzz.

Dino beat me to the punch on the build, I'm still waiting for transistors from Ukraine.  Enjoy!

Re: Schumann twoface fuzz

BetterOffShred
Mmm mmm.  Tasty noise!  I love that thing, and yes it's on my list.
-Brett

Re: Schumann twoface fuzz

PMowdes
BetterOffShred wrote
Mmm mmm.  Tasty noise!  I love that thing, and yes it's on my list.
-Brett
Got some PCBs spare if you're interested :)

Re: Schumann twoface fuzz

BetterOffShred
I have Dino's vero layout from 2014 currently planned, is there a reason I shouldn't use that?   It looks pretty good.   I was wondering why it's from 2014 (Albeit September) and this is nearly 3 years later, hopefully the vero layout is good to go haha!  the 12VAC thing is kind of irritating as well, but hey I used a special power supply for my Holy grail reverb for years before I finally just soldered in a boss style socket and drilled the chassis out.
-Brett

Re: Schumann twoface fuzz

PMowdes

Nope, no reason at all why you shouldnt use the vero except the PCB has a Ge diode mod that may not be in the vero.  I've been doing a few pcb's with Dino recently, we made a sputnik II clone and a frostwave funk-a-duck as well.

Re: Schumann twoface fuzz

BetterOffShred
Oh I've been following them all with excitement! :)  I checked out the "Laika" fuzz too, very classic and apt name for that poor dog cosmonaut..   I like these kind of fuzzes a lot, the Parallel Universe 2 being my first venture into the kind of nutty fuzz territory.   I'm going to build Dino's SkyRipper GE too.   Just waiting on parts now for a lot of these!  Thanks for your hard work too, Maybe I'll pony up and get one of your PCB's ;)
-Brett

Re: Schumann twoface fuzz

digi2t
The PCB is 3 years later because I have no skills where doing PCB's is concerned. Hat's off to PMowdes for the mad skills.

The vero is fine, and the si/ge diode switch is incorporated on it as well. The vero version has been on my pedalboard since day one, and it still blows my mind when I fire it up.

12vac is a Schumann standard. That's partially for greater headroom, and partially for more output. I know that there's a 9vdc PLL out there, but it sounds lethargic to my ears.