Screamin Eagle High Gain Pre Amp

anders
This post was updated on .
A very interesting circuit which simulates the pre amp of a ENGL 530e. Check out Sensei Tims demo below!

*Edit layout updated. Added a 47k connecting to the source of Q6*

Re: Screamin Eagle High Gain Pre Amp

Sensei Tim
i've build Jok3rx's PCB of this and it sounds freaking phenomenal.

Re: Screamin Eagle High Gain Pre Amp

anders
Cool! It looks really interesting. What does it sounds like? Like Dr. Boogie or similar?

Re: Screamin Eagle High Gain Pre Amp

Sensei Tim
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfjjz_np578

i did some mods to the circuit, but the overall tone should be exactly the same

Re: Screamin Eagle High Gain Pre Amp

anders
Uh oh, that's a monster. Very good demo and the pedal looks excellent. It went high on my list for sure.

Re: Screamin Eagle High Gain Pre Amp

velouriafx
Hey, Anders. Is this layout already verified? I am looking to build too.

Re: Screamin Eagle High Gain Pre Amp

anders
To my knowledge, it isn't but I'll give it a shot in a week or so.

Re: Screamin Eagle High Gain Pre Amp

velouriafx
I built it and it did't work. I don't have any sound. Looking to schematic, the 510k left seems go to the ground.

Re: Screamin Eagle High Gain Pre Amp

velouriafx
This post was updated on .
It seems missing a 47k resistor from Q5 to ground

Re: Screamin Eagle High Gain Pre Amp

velouriafx
Now i have sound, but very clean

Re: Screamin Eagle High Gain Pre Amp

boratto
is it ok G Q6 not connected?

Re: Screamin Eagle High Gain Pre Amp

anders
I've updated the layout abobe, added the missing 47k resistor.

@ boratto. Source of Q6 is connected to ground via the Volume pot.
Off topic, I see that you have posted tons of cool schematic in the request section. Big thumbs up for that. Will check them out!