Seamoon Funk Machine V2 with blender

berniethebolt
Hello, I am trying to build the Seamoon Funk Machine V2 with blender kit from bitsbox. I have followed the vero board layout, but it only gives a clean signal out to my practice amp (this is an initial test, without the footswitch). The blend pot alters the tone very slightly (almost negligible), while the depth & frequency seem to make no difference. The kit came with IC MC1458P, Q1 & Q2 2N5458 (inserted 180 deg as the mod note states), & Q3 2N5088, with 390K & 1M frequency pot mods. All pots are working, power is +8.95V to the 9V line.

The voltages (with a cheap draper digital multimeter) are: Q1 G 0.0V, S 1.43V, D 8.31V; Q2 G 0.0V, S 1.29V, D 8.31V; Q3 E 0.0V, B 0.36V, C 0.0V; IC p1 4.16V, p2 3.23V, p3 3.36V, p4 0.0V, p5 0.0V, p6 1.91V, p7 2.00V, p8 8.31V.

The Q3 voltages looked wierd, so I removed it & did a diode test on the pins - EC high resistance both ways, EB & BC low one way high the other as expected. I also checked the Q1 & Q2 resistances out of circuit & both as expected.

I've read through all the debugging posts relating to the funk machine & many seem to report similar issues. I also noticed that one post mentioned having to connect the input to the depth pot pin 3, according to his layout, but my layout makes no reference to this. I've attached photos of the build (please excuse the odd mounting of the electrolytic caps, this is so I can lie them close to the board above the IC & other components when I come to enclose it all in a box). Can anyone see something glaringly obvious that I have done wrong, or advlise me on where/what to check next please. Thanks.

Re: Seamoon Funk Machine V2 with blender

Silver Blues
The classic advice regarding passing between the tracks with an X-Acto knife or other sharp implement always applies, so that might be a good place to start. I don't know much about this particular circuit, but looking at the back of your board, I can see a few cold joints and spots of burnt flux, so you may want to reflow these:

Good luck!

Re: Seamoon Funk Machine V2 with blender

berniethebolt
Thank you Silver Blues for your advice. I'll give that a go.