Selmer Buzztone NPN?

lborl
I've been trying to get the onsite positive ground layout working for longer than I'd care to admit, but best I've been able to manage has a horrible squeal from the voltage regulator. I notice someone else has managed to do a perfboard layout for a more pedalboard-friendly negative-ground PNP version, but I don't have a great record with perfboard either. Could anyone  translate this to vero please? I'd be ever so 'umble.

from:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=29653.0

original schematic:

Re: Selmer Buzztone NPN?

The pots are wrong in that layout if you’re following the included schematic.

You could easily convert the perf layout to PCB but not stripboard. You could easily reverse the electrolytic caps and batteries in my layout to make it NPN

Since this pedal takes 3V, you’d need a regulator to run this off a regular pedal power supply, or use zeners like the perf layout

Re: Selmer Buzztone NPN?

lborl
Ah ok. Thanks - ha yeah turns out he's just updated the other forum to say how he'd mixed the pots up, the one labelled Depth should be Volume and vice versa. I'm determined to get one of these working before the week is out - I've tried to make a layout for this a couple of times myself but I always manage to get confused with it somehow. I guess first I'll see how badly I can mess up perfboard tracks now I'm finally using a chisel tip on the iron ;)

Re: Selmer Buzztone NPN?

Haha well I applaud your effort! You a big Pink Floyd fan too?

Feel free to post anything you’ve got in the debugging section if needed